Clear The Air! is
currently closed for an indefinite period.
You have a vehicle that you no longer want? Give it to the Kidney Foundation's Kidney Car program
Are You Eligible?
Here are the program’s eligibility criteria (1).
- The subscriber is the vehicle’s registered owner. (S)He may, as necessary, name someone else to act on his/her behalf, using a proxy form (accessible from the SAAQ Web site).
- Only light and utility road vehicles are eligible for participation in this program (the SAAQ’s definition of a light vehicle: 3,856 kg [8,500 lb] or less).
- The vehicle must be of model year 1999 or older. For later-model year vehicles, please contact the Canadian Kidney Foundation and inquire about its Kidney Car Program.
- The vehicle must be in good running condition.
- The vehicle must be registered with a license plate until the transaction with the recycler has taken place (the valid license plate registration certificate must be handed in as part of the recycling transaction).
- The vehicle must be insured until the transaction with the recycler has taken place (a valid proof of insurance must be handed in as part of the recycling transaction).
- The vehicle must be free of any and all debts, liens, unpaid infractions, etc.
- The insurance and registration certificates’ delivery dates both precede the subscription date by at least six months.
- The subscriber must make the commitment not to give away, sell or exchange the public transit tickets or passes (s)he has received free of charge to any member of his/her family or any other person.
- The subscriber must make the commitment not to ask for any refund in return for the public transit tickets or passes (s)he has received free of charge.
- The subscriber must declare that the postal address specified on the program subscription form, to which the public transit tickets or passes will be mailed, is indeed the correct one.
To subscribe, visit the SIGN UP page.
(1) - Subject to change without prior notice.